A Quick Social Media Rundown
for Small Businesses
First of all you need to Understand who your Key Audience is and then spend more time on the Platform/Platforms that Cater to that Audience. One Good Place to Start is the Pew Research Center.
These are 7 of the Big Social Media Platforms:
This is the largest Social Network in the World (more than 1.5 Billion users!)
- You can connect with a large demographic
- Connect Directly with Customers – Share information/Get Feedback
- Great for Brand Awareness
- Can Advertise/Boost Posts/Remarket (with the Facebook Pixel)
Has over 300 Million Monthly Users.
- Over 70% of users say that they are more likely to purchase from a small business after they interact with the company on Twitter.
World’s Largest Professional Network (1 in 3 Working Professionals use this Platform)
- Good for Networking and Letting other Business Owners know about your small Business.
More than 500 Million use this Platform. Google has recently revamped the site to make it more User-Friendly.
- Google Local and Google Maps help your Customers Find you and Leave Reviews.
Over 400 Million Monthly Active Users. This is a Social Media Platform that is Mobile.
- Targeted to a Younger Demographic that tends to be focused on Specific Brands.
- Share Images and Very short Videos.
Over a Billion Users.
- In the 18-34 Demographic YouTube reaches more people than any Cable Network.
- Excellent for Uploading Short Videos
- Videos can be viewed on the YouTube site or Embedded on your own site.
Over 100 Million Active Monthly Users
- Especially useful if your Products are Visually Appealing.
- It is a Giant Inboard that has a Dazzling array of Images that Users can “Pin” to their Board.
- Companies with Beautiful Products can quickly gain a Large Following.
There are other Social Media Platforms out there (Snapchat and Vine just to mention 2) but these 7 Platforms will get you Started!